Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Shalom, y'all. Raja here.   Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, began last Wednesday at sundown. Right now we're in the Day of Awe, the ten days between Rosh Hashansh and Yom Kippur.. This is a time of reflection and repentence. Yom Kippur,the  Day of Atonement, is thr holiest day of the Jewish year. Everyone human fasts to atone for their sins.
In the meantime, the food's been pretty good. We've had all these traditional dishes. I loved the chicken the best.while Midi liked the carrots and raisins.. Mommy really enjoyed the matzoh ball soup, honey cake. and smelly fish. We also had a special round version of challah, which is a kind of bread. Panda and I really scarfed that bread. Mommy also ate apples dipped in honey. Mommy gave Midi a taste,but she wouldn't let me near the saucer of honey. She said honey was impossible to get out of car fur.Humpf!
Anyway, www.chabad.org/holidays/jewishnewyearhas plenty of information to download on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, including traditional recipes, prayers and songs.,
Even though I'm a cat, I think I should sort of obseve Yom Kippur. I mean, I have done things wrong. I should apologize to Panda for pushing him off the bureau, swatting him across the nose and stealing some of his chicken...

No comments:

Post a Comment