Monday, September 26, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

Hi-Hi. Raja here. We've had really rainy, stormy weather lately. My furry brudder, Panda, got bored and knocked over the trash can.. There wasn't anything good in it, mainly stale bread, fried rice, moldy tomatoes and broccoli. I did score a small piece of chicken, though. He lapped up the rice. I told him he made the right decision to get us food, but next time wait, til the can's fuller.
Speakimg of decisions,we have a freebie for you about making them. It's called Right Decisions, Right Now Now : Be Tobacco Free. It's a tobacco prevention kit designed for middle school teachers, social workers and homeschooling  parents.  Mommy got one for a project she's doing at work. While the package is funded by R.J. Reynolds, a tobacco company, the focus is on peer influence and making healthy decisions. Mommy liked the very structured sections dealing with peer pressure. She thought they could be useful in talking about other risky behaviors as well. The posters were cool, too. .I liked the box it came in..For your copy go  to http://www.rightdecisionsrightnow.com/


I was so scared that NASA's satellite would fall on me.. Efurrytime a thunder boomie hit I thought it was the satellite coming and ran under the couch. I'm glad the satellite decided to fall into the ocean instead of someplace crowwded, like New York City. Or Cecily, Alaska. Remember Northern Exposure?  Mommy and I watch DVDs of that show a lot. 

BOOK REVIEW: Mommy (Tracy) just read  Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry. She decided to review it::
Heart of Ice.is about three high school friends from Portland ,Oregon .: Nicki is an FBI agent, Alison a prosecutor and Cassisdy a television reporter. Calling themselves the Triple Threat, they band together to solve crimes. In this, the third book in the series., they deal with two psychopaths- a male they are prosecuting , and a female, who's persecuting them.
Heart of Ice is fast-paced, but I wished the authors had developed most of the characters and events more.. .The male pstchopath could have been better delineated to contrast with his female counterpart. If I was the editor I would have asked for another, more detailed re-write.. However, the character of Elizabeth Avery is one of the best examples of female sociopathic behavior in popular literature. Too bad the authors didn't balance her character against the others better..Still, I'd recommend the book.


Thanks,  Mommy. Now it's time for the most important decision of my day. What shall I have for supper? Should I have mixed grill, seafood  or TOONA?

Shalom,
Raja

No comments:

Post a Comment