Monday, October 17, 2011

My Kitten Was Killed by a Pitbull

Tracy here. On October 13 my Siamese kitten, Ivory, was attacked and killed by a pit bull. The dogs were being walked off-leash by two neighborhood kids. They had no reason to be in my side yard. I heard a yelp and one of the dogs had Ivory in his mouth. The kid had to beat him on the head to make him let go. Ivory died two hours later.
The boys continue to walk the dogs off-leash. They now view my yard as a killing zone. No cat is safe. The run in, while the kid watches, and lunge at anything, including me. I now keep my cats inside when the dogs are likely to be walked. I also carry pepper spray. The police and Animal Care & Control are on the case.
I am just sick over this. Ivory was a sweet, gentle, ten week old kitten. She never had a chance. Her life was snuffed out by the dogs, their juvenile delinquent handlers and their irresponsible parents. I intend to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
Wish me luck.
Tracy

2 comments: