Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Killer Dog Update

We just got the official word from Animal Care & Control: the pit bull was euthanized..The owners were also fined for having unlicensed dogs and allowing them to roam. I'm glad that actions were taken, but they won't bring Ivory back. And I do feel sorry for the dog. But he'd killed twice and wasn't going to stop. No small mammal in the neighborhood was safe.
The kids still got to keep one of their pets, though. Hopefully the parents have learned something from the experience. Leash laws exist for a reason. Plenty of other people in the neighborhood have pit bulls. They keep their dogs in the house, tied up outside, or inside of fenced yards. When they walk them, it's on a leash. I never will forgive the kids for deliberately setting their dogs loose in my side yard, where they were sure to encounter cats. And I'm still keeping my babies indoors during the danger hours. Raja is not happy about this.
So, at least the situation is settled. Here's hoping that November is a less stressful month.

-Tracy

1 comment:

  1. I feel sorry for the dog, too. His humans were responsible for keeping him in check and they failed him.
    But I feel more sorry for Ivory and any other kittens or small animals that he viciously killed.
    Good job on seeing this through.

    ReplyDelete