Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week of July 25, 2011

I just read the most amazing book. It's called Life, In Spite of Me: Extraordinary Hope After a Fatal Choice by Kristen Jane Anderson and Tricia Goyer. It's the true story of Kristen, who as a scared, confused seventeen year old, decided to end her life.. She believed nothing would ever get better. Her grandmother had died, a close friend had committed suicide , and  she herself had been sexual assaulted., Kristen had sought psychiatic help, but all she got after a 15 minute consultation was a precription for anti-depressants. They didn't work. Desperate to stop her pain, she laid down in front of a freight train..  She survived, but both her legs were severed, .
Life, In Spite of Me is the story of her journey back. Despite dealng with a painful physical disability, as well as a psychiatric disorder, Kristen fought to bring meaning to her life..She recommited herself to her Christian faith and plunged onward. And that is the inspirational part of the story. She discovered she had the capacity to help others just by sharing her story. And she developed a close relationship with God to help her through the rough times.
Kristen's story is available from http://www.waterbrookmultnomah.com/

SPACE:. From the inspiring we move to the disappointing. The final space shuttle flight huld have ended in a blaze of glory. Instead Atlantis landed under the cover of darkness. What was with that?
While mourning the death of US manned space flight, it's time to check out what the Europeans are doing. The European Space Agency (ESA) has an interesting website focusing on their space accomplishments. They also publish a quarterly, downloadable journal  that offers a more in-depth look at space science and exploration. Check it out at http://www.esa.int/.

FOOD & REWARDS: Moving to the mundane, Lean Cuisine frozen dinners are now running a reward program. Go to http://www.leancuisine.com/ to sign up. Then enter the code found inside the box- for example-LYJF-7PTP-GRHHX. Points amassed can be redeemed for coupons,dining decor,gift cards and more. As I consume 3-5 of these tasty meals per month I'm able to earn points with little effort. 

And now, Raja speaks:
HI! I really like those frozen dinners. Mommy feeds me chunks of salmon and chicken from them.I love t be hand fed. She pets me and tells me how beautiful I am. I like people food. Mommy is careful what she gives me because I have a delicate tummy. Pada, though , is a furry garbage disposal. He eats everything. Even vegetables. I'm sure gkad I don't have to share a litter box with him...

Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment